Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So about that...

It has been over 4 months since Liv + I developed our Pre-Training Training plan to kick our bums into gear so we could even begin preparing for the 2011 MCM. And I have to say, we've done pretty darn well.

Would I have actually stuck to this plan without my trusty and determined training partner? Not. A. Chance. I would have given up on this whole thing many, many moons ago. But thanks to Liv (and this blog, of course), I am feeling rather proud of us right now as I look back on our progress.

Now, we have certainly veered off the plan from time to time. I don't know that I've run more than 3 times a week to date. But I have been mixing in lots of some cross-training instead, and my body is beginning to feel more balanced. I think that doing anything more than what I've done thus far would have left me feeling burnt out. Liv has been much better at mixing in weight training and various classes into her routine, but I swear sometimes she only does it just so she can use the Kiehl's products at her gym (jk. jk).

Nevertheless, I'm proud of what we've done so far. And I now feel confident that we can keep it up once we kick our routine into full gear for the actual marathon training.




1 comment:

  1. Ha, I can't even train for a marathon, so I'm uber impressed that you pre-trained :) I also love the way you did updates for it.

    ReplyDelete