Monday, March 28, 2011

Just a Music-less Monday

Since I spent most of the weekend dealing with this, I'm now getting a crash course in how exactly you "old school" runners get by without music. I didn't really think it would be my cup of tea - music is kind of my "thing" and one of the great joys of running for me is being alone with my tunes. But yesterday, I actually enjoyed the sound of silence. Okay, okay... it wasn't actually silence. Thanks to the cherry blossoms being in full bloom, I basically just eavesdropped on fanny-packed tourists for 8 miles... and probably ended up in about 300 of their photos.

Anyway, I'm going to continue testing out the sounds of nature this week to see how well those crickets pump me up when I'm dragging. Or... let's be honest, I'll probably just be singing this in my head the entire time...


All of that to say, no tunes from this chickadee this week. But thanks to the best mom in the world (and my birthday in a few days), I will hopefully replace the stolen ipod by next week and be back in action with some new tunes to boot. 

1 comment:

  1. music on a run is okay but I much prefer to run with it. Hope you get your new ipod

    ReplyDelete