Monday, October 24, 2011

MCM Goodie Bag: A Peek Inside

This year, the busy bees at MCM decided to put together an iGiftBag, featuring goodies from race sponsors like Dunkin Donuts and Gatorade. To be honest, I'm not that into race gift bags - I just have a hard time getting excited about local running store coupons (that I'll no doubt lose before I use) and some obscure sports drink powder packets.

But I was intrigued (and a little confused) by the concept of an iGiftBag, so I got a wee bit excited when this popped up in my inbox:
Once you open the iGiftBag, all of the goodies spin around and around and around - and frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed. There's a coupon for Dunkin' Donuts coffee, a contest to win gear from Pacers, racing tips from the Geico gecko (really?), a duffel bag from USAA (if you're willing to huff it to their office on Pentagon Row to pick it up) and some other coupons for restaurants and such.


So was the iGiftBag everything I hoped it would be and more? I guess, but my expectations were pretty low. Clearly goodie bags are an afterthought in this whole marathon business - I don't think there's anyone on the planet that runs 26.2 miles for the thrill of coupons. I am pretty excited for the MCM sponsors and all of the snacks along the course though - guess it's time I learn to love me some Gu.

No comments:

Post a Comment