Friday, October 21, 2011

Fabulous Footsy Fans

Admittedly, I've been a wee bit reluctant to encourage friends and family to come out on race day and cheer because... well... let's be honest... it might take me 6+ hours... if I'm able to finish at all. I really have no idea how things are going to go with my knee, and though I remain optimistic, I don't know what to expect.

But in true Baker form, they're coming anyway - and the closer and closer I get to race day, I'm so excited (and appreciative) to have their support. Even if I look like a hot, sweaty and miserable mess for 26.2 miles (which I will), it's incredibly encouraging to know they'll be waiting for me at the finish line (or maybe at a nearby bar if I take too long. (On second thought, this is probably the most likely scenario - which I fully support). 

This week, I received just about the most thoughtful care package a wannabe runner gal could wish for from one of my sweet bros...


Our friends and family have been fantastic since day one of this little venture. God knows we've blabbed and gushed and complained about this marathon for waaaaay longer than anyone ever should. We've made it a point to annoy just about everyone in our immediate surroundings, making sure that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE... including you, cyber friends) knows that, "No. We are not natural runners, but we're trying to be." And while we certainly encountered some confusion and doubt when we first broadcast our plans to run this thing, everyone came around and realized we meant business with this here blog. 

So a big thank you to all of you! Family, friends, co-workers, cyber buddies, mailman, Starbucks barista - we truly appreciate your listening ears and ongoing and going and going and going support. If it wasn't for you, I guaran-damn-tee you that I would've given up many, many moons ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment