Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nightmares on 30th St

This is for realsies what my dreams feel like
For the past 3 nights in a row, I’ve had a recurring dream that Liv + I are at the race but can’t find the starting line. We’re there and ready to go, but the race begins and everyone takes off in different directions and we can’t figure out where to go. Last night, my mom and aunt were even there to cheer us on – while knitting (because clearly that makes sense) – and ready to give up on us because some racers were already crossing the finish line before we had even started. 

A) of all, anxiety much?? Obvi I’m having some issue getting my head around the fact that I’m committed to this race now and there is no turning back. And B) of all, does anyone else ever have this dream/nightmare?? Seriously, what the cuss is wrong with me? 

How did I get to this point? In less than two weeks, I went from swearing that I’d never do a marathon to thinking about running non-stop, even while I’m fast asleep. And while I’m not particularly stoked about the nature of my dreams, I do like that our decision to run next year’s MCM is beginning to alter every corner of my lifestyle. While my immediate goal is to cross the finish line next year, my long-term objective is to transform my approach to health and fitness. And I think it could be a good sign that my dreams are now reflecting that decision. Or maybe it just means that I’m beginning a slow and debilitating mental breakdown (eep!)


Regardless, it's time to put one foot in front of the other. A few mental breakdowns here and there are a small price to pay for crossing the finish line – and thankfully I have an extremely driven drill sergeant BFF to help me contain the crazy.







Photo Credit: http://www.savagechickens.com/tag/existentialism

1 comment:

  1. I've had that dream several times. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. :)

    Welcome to the blogosphere, ladies. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete