Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What ever happened to predictability?

This week, my running shoes are (hopefully) hitting the streets of San Francisco,  but so far, they've only seen the treadmill in my hotel. I woke up early this morning planning to go on this run so i could squeeze in some sight-seeing...

View Larger Map

But instead, I encountered this when I walked outside...

So, I promptly made a U-turn and headed for the hotel gym - which, I have to admit, is a drastic improvement from what I normally would have done - which is this...

I'm here this week for a conference far too nerdy to confess the name of on the World Wide Web...

While I'm spending most of my days imprisoned in a conference center, I'm hoping to find a wee bit of time at night to explore the Golden City by foot, because I heart this town. I haven't visited San Fran since 9th grade when I pedaled across the Golden Gate Bridge as the grand finale of a 3 week bike trip down the Pacific Coast. Thankfully,  I've upgraded my sleeping conditions since that trip from this...
San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel
to this (though I could have done without the fire alarm going off at 1:30 in the morning + the circa DJ Tanner-era hair dryer + the never-ending club beat circulating the halls)...
CLIFT San Francisco
Today is packed pretty solid with some painfully boring exhilarating tech-y sessions, followed with a lil' talk from Slick Willie himself. Fingers crossed that I can break free afterwards for a jog mountain climb (seriously, these hills are no joke) around Frisco. 

And if any of our 3 readers out there (hi mom!) have some good running trail suggestions in good ole San Fran, send 'em on. Because right now, I'm feeling a little "lost out there and all alone" (okay, not really. but i couldn't resist another Full House reference. and i'm really excited about the fact that i'm actually watching Full House whilst IN San Fran... yes. clearly, i fit right in with the other nerds at this conference... sigh).





1 comment:

  1. How long are you in San Fran? I feel like you have been there for quite a long time! Enjoying you and Liv's blog. Skype date soon?

    ReplyDelete