Monday, April 25, 2011

Muck Yeah!


On Saturday afternoon, I'll be knee deep in a pit of muddy muck... by choice... running the RunAmuck 5K & obstacle course in DC with my bro, sis-in-law and this guy. To be perfectly honest, we're not really even sure what we signed up for. None of have ever run one of these before, and the description seems to be intentionally vague:

The RunAmuck Run is a unique and incredible 3-5 mile run with terrain and outlandish obstacles that can include hills, river crossings, walls, obstacles and mud pits. 



We're racing as a team, Team Shake 'n Bake, and we'll be paying homage to Ricky Bobby in our Nascar gear. Meet our mascot, Wilson Bobby...


Will it be pretty? Not a chance.

Will it be fun? Sure hope so. If not, there is supposedly a beer garden at the end, so I feel fairly certain that we'll find a way to make the most of whatever we've gotten ourselves into. 


If you ain't first, you're last.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast to me. And love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! These adventure races are becoming quite the norm... I keep hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a blast - have fun!! Love Talledega Nights...well I love anything with Will Ferrell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome!!! Love the little guy ... "Chip, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

    ReplyDelete