Sunday, September 18, 2011

Easy as 1-2-3

I recently stumbled upon this super simple 10 step guide to running a marathon from an old issue of Outside magazine. I must say, I'm totally diggin' this "just do it" approach. This newbie guide takes all of the complexity of training out of the process and basically tells you to suck it up and run, dummy.

Here's the full article. And here are the 10 "simple" steps:

  1. Go for a run
  2. Go for another run
  3. Hit the breaks
  4. Get a plan
  5. Stick to it
  6. Keep a record
  7. Curb your enthusiasm
  8. Make friends
  9. Always go long
  10. Do twenty

What? Like running a marathon is hard?

2 comments:

  1. If I had known that was all that I had to do I would have run a marathon a long time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - my favorite part about that is that it's pretty close to the loose "plan" I followed when training for my first marathon :)

    ReplyDelete