Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Running

We all run for different reasons. People run to leave behind stress, to forget, to lose weight, to clear their heads, or to process. Sometimes we run simply to run.

Runner's World is featuring thirteen amazing runners who were motivated by the events of 9/11. Their stories are no doubt inspiring. And they help me to remember that everything I'm learning from this marathon training experience will not end when I cross the finish line in October. This is a life transformation that Liv + I are making by learning to run. And though I hope to never personally experience anything as horrific as what these runners have worked through, I find peace knowing that, because I've invited running into my life, it will always be there for me - no matter why I run. 

Why do you run?

No comments:

Post a Comment