Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summertime Blues

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we're technically in week 6 of training for this bugger. Emphasis on "technically" because my body feels more like week never-have-run-before-in-my-life. 

If anyone ever asked me for my "expertise" (clearly I'm using some major air quotes here) on marathon training, my one and only morsel of knowledge would be, DO NOT choose a marathon in which the bulk of your training falls in the dead of summer!! And, I'm not just saying that because of the brutal heat, because let's get real here... we'd probably find a way to complain about the weather no matter what time of year it was. 

The reason summer training is the total PITS is because it is so friggin' busy. Weddings and vacations and parties, oh my! Life is truly tough right now. No really, it is. Just ask my weakening legs. 

But for reals, it's one thing that I haven't been able to run alongside my training buddies in ohhh... well, I can't even remember the last time. But I haven't even seen them at all! Zilch. Nil. Nada. Liv moved an entire 100 yards away from me within the office, so she might as well be in Southeast Asia. And I'm pretty sure Megs' and my calendar got together to conspire against us and ensure that neither one of us is ever in town at the same time.  (sigh). 

Anyway, we're all slowly trucking along with plenty of gripes and ailments to boot. We've all managed to talk ourselves out of this thing at one point or another, but thankfully, we're all still hanging in there. 

Holy smokes make that countdown clock stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment