Thursday, May 5, 2011

Holy Guacamole

Happy Cinco de Mayo folks (as well as a Happy Birthday to my MIL)! Sal + Liv get to cut their work day a little short with a little happy hour complete with salsa y cervezas. Is it 4:30 yet?


In honor of national margarita day, have you tried Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl Margarita? She successfully turned your typical 700 calorie margarita into a hundred calorie version. To me it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and I was thrilled when I found out they carried it at my neighborhood wine store. No more beer bloatedness on the beach for me this summer. With the exception of this Mexican restaurant located in Arlington and Alexandria (which has the best margarita in the history of ever), I often find that restaurant margarita's are a touch too sweet or sour and leave a funky taste in my mouth. Not so with Skinny Girl. Reportedly she is coming out with a Skinny Girl Sangria but I can't find it, has anyone come across it or tried it yet?

If they are not carrying Skinny Girl at your local libation store, may I present the recipe for "knock you naked margaritas." With a name like that, how could they be anything but awesome?

1 corona
1 12 ounce can frozen limeade concentrate
1 can 7-up
tequila
lime slices for a squeeze and garnish

Pour the limeade into a pitcher. Use the limeade container and fill that baby up with the tequila, yep - all the way to the top. Pour in the tequila, can of 7-up and the Corona and mix together. Serve over ice with a squeeze of lime.

So easy, no? It's my favorite margarita recipe because the beer cuts the sweet and sourness, but if you didn't tell your guests the beer was in there - my guess is they would never know.

Now while that margarita isn't as "diet-friendly," you could lighten it up by using a Corona Light and Diet 7-Up.

!Permitanos el partido! [Editor's note from Sal: as a Spanish  major in college, let the record show that I had nothing to do with that translation]

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't found Bethenny's margarita mix at a bar, but my possible-to-make-at-a-bar version of a healthy margarita is (high quality) tequila, seltzer, and a generous splash of lime juice. It's strong but as a result it also forces you to drink it more slowly.

    ReplyDelete